MINES’ POLICY LIBRARY
Policies and Procedures by Subject
Policy for Purchases Containing Logos and Trademarks
Responsible Administrative Unit: Student Life and Legal Services
Policy Contact: Lisa Goberis, Associate Director of Auxiliary Services, email@example.com
1.0 BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE
This policy exists to reduce financial risk to the institution, faculty, staff and students while maintaining the integrity of Colorado School of Mines’ licensed logos and trademarks.
All faculty, staff and students must use a purchase requisition when securing merchandise that contains a Colorado School of Mines logo or trademark. Using a field purchase order (FPO), procurement card (P-card) or voucher request are not permitted.
- The purchaser must use a licensed vendor to produce the merchandise. The list of licensed vendors is included here: .
- Logos and/or trademarks cannot be modified or altered and must meet the institution’s branding standards, which can be found at the following link:
- Prior to production, the licensed vendor must submit artwork to the Trademarx website for approval.
- The purchaser must purchase the merchandise using a purchase requisition (p-card, FPO, voucher request are not permitted).
- The purchase requisition must be approved (signed) by the Logo and Trademark Administrator (Lisa Goberis, firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to submitting it to Procurement Services for processing.
- The purchase requisition must be processed by the Procurement Services prior to the vendor being given authorization to proceed with production of the order – Section 2.2.1 .
2020欧洲杯正规平台The above procedures are not required when using licensed logo and/or trademarks on paper products (examples: letterhead, business cards and brochures). However, paper products continue to be governed by the Mines Graphic Standards Guide, which can be found here:
2020欧洲杯正规平台Failure to follow this policy may lead to one or more of the following sanctions:
- Individual (faculty, staff member or student placing the order) may be held personally liable for cost of the order.
- Merchandise may be confiscated.
- Individual, department or group’s purchase authorization may be revoked.
Licensed Vendor – a merchandise vendor who has been approved by Learfield Licensing Partners to produce Colorado School of Mines’ logos and trademarks.
Merchandise – any item purchased that is not a paper good (i.e. brochures, letterhead, paper conference materials and business cards).
Trademarx – a website managed by Learfield Licensing Partners which licensed vendors must use to submit the logo and trademark artwork for approval.
REVIEW AND CYCLE HISTORY
Issued:2020欧洲杯正规平台 January 14, 2013
Revised:2020欧洲杯正规平台 October 21, 2015