Why Work at Mines
Why did you initially apply to work at Mines? Initially because of the reputation of Mines in the community. Then after my first interview, everyone I met on campus was so nice and welcoming during my visit. I could feel the family environment on campus.
Do you have a favorite perk or benefit of working at Mines? I really like being able to stretch my legs and walk to downtown Golden for the restaurants, or to buy a treat to bring home, or maybe to pick something up at a store.
Best part of your workday? I can honestly say I love coming to work at Mines each day; the students never cease to amaze me! The interaction with Mines’ students makes my job interesting, rewarding and joyful.
Favorite perk or benefit? I get to meet people from all over the world and experience different cultures through the students, faculty and staff. They bring the world to me and I also get to see our country through their eyes.
WHY WORK AT MINES
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN STEM EDUCATION
Opportunity and Impact
Mines is a unique public university where faculty and staff make a difference in STEM education. We value individuals who create a diverse and inclusive community – offering different perspectives, experiences and cultures that enrich the educational and work experience. Our faculty and staff are committed to student success, best practice instruction, high-quality research and innovation.
Mines is known globally for the quality of its distinctive graduates, the success of its alumni and its unique expertise in topics related to earth, energy and the environment.
The school’s proximity to Denver and Boulder allows for collaboration with agencies and laboratories such as The U. S. Geological Survey, The National Renewable Energy Lab, and The National Center for Atmospheric Research.
University at a Glance
4900 undergraduate students
1260 graduate students
20 academic programs
18 intercollegiate athletic teams
$84 million in research awards
$300 million University Endowment
~90% employment upon graduation
1200 faculty and staff
#1 Public School in the West with highest salaries 10 years out
#1 for best college offering degrees in engineering
#2 nationally for combining scholarly research with classroom instruction
#33 in Top Public Schools
#46 best college for veterans
Click here for more Mines statistics.
Mines is located in the heart of Golden, Colorado, a western suburb of Denver. The campus location offers a small-town ambiance with close proximity to all that the Denver metropolitan area has to offer. An average 300 days of sunshine per year make the area an ideal place to live, work and play.
Mines is proud to offer benefits designed to attract and retain extraordinary talent.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 12% retirement employer contribution for eligible employees
- Parental Leave
- 6 credits of Mines coursework free per year
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Reduced tuition for dependents
- Learning and Development
- Colorado State Employee Assistance Program
- Optional Retirement Plans for eligible employees
- BackUp Care for Dependents of full-time employees
- Discounted Public Transportation
- Athletics Pass
- Concerts in the library
- Access to world-class recreation center
- M-Climb: For 110 years, Mines students have hiked up Mount Zion to place a rock from their hometown on the “M” on the side of the mountain.
- E-Day: Since 1934, Mines students have put the stress of studying aside each spring to celebrate Engineering Days (E-Days), uniting the local Mines community in honor of our unique history, traditions and unflappable Oredigger spirit. E-Days includes a cardboard boat race, concerts, a Tesla coil demonstration and our world-class fireworks display, in addition to other exciting campus events and traditions!
What We Value
2020欧洲杯正规平台Our students, faculty and staff come from diverse backgrounds. Mines is a diverse and inclusive University. Mines values a welcoming community of students, faculty, and staff who are committed to stimulating campus environment and a culture of wellness and high expectations.
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or by phone at (303)273-3250. If you need to request any type of accommodation to participate in our employment processes, including completion of the online application process, please contact our office prior to application submission or campus visit.