Fab-Lab Safety Week
Postponed until Fall 2020
What’s Fab-Lab Safety Week?
A campus-wide event where we take time and look at the safety of our laboratories and fabrication shops.
We have five goals for Fab-Lab Safety Week:
- Supplement students’ scientific education with this safety-based experience
- Take a fresh, safety-focused look at our research and learning spaces
- Identify and correct existing hazards
- Cleaning up our spaces: recycling and sending unused/unwanted items to surplus
- Enhance the overall campus safety culture and improve campus safety consciousness
Download a Self-Assessment Worksheet
How to Participate
Worksheets will be available in each academic building lobby. Working in teams or individually, complete a worksheet for each space you use. Lab and shop owners may organize a group exercise.
Drop off your completed worksheet at the EHS Office or your departmental office and get a small gift (details coming soon).
Grand Prize Winners!
The campus safety committee will present a President Award to two Fab-Labs that demonstrate safety leadership.
Gloves, safety glasses, and dust masks available at the Chemical Storage and Distribution Facility.
Operations Work Order System
Campus surplus and recycling page
(add list of authorized users to your space; find a chemical; review your chemical inventory)
Chemical compatibility charts
Procedure for General Laboratory and Workshop Safety
Want professional consultation?
Send an email if you’d like a member from Environmental Health & Safety to participate in your space review (click to send email to email@example.com)